Guppies....

Blitz

hi,

This morning i noticed that one of my female guppies looked a great deal slimmer. Even last night she wasnt that slim, could she of dropped fry? I also noticed that she isnt very active and sometimes her tails hangs at a 45 degree angle. If she has dropped fry what would i have to do?

All replies will be very much appreciated :hail::hail::hail:

Blitz

you could try by looking about the bottom of the tank, behind ornaments and in with the plants for small swimming things lol. I noticed this the first time my guppy droped her fry. Yet she still looked fat but droped the rest about 2 days later. If you manage to find any you could put them into another tank or into a breeding trap. It all depends on how many you can find and how many you can catch. Apart from that if you got plenty of small leaved plants in your tank I am sure you will find that some will survive. I saved 10 of mine yet I still had another 5 in the tank that have managed to survive with out the adults eating them.

Don't know if that helps any. Apart from that there is a lot of information on the net about guppy fry and things.

Hope that helps kinda lol :D :-?

If she did drop her fry (and quite possible) they could be anywhere - the ones which have survived that is. If the tank is well planted they should have plenty of hiding places. You don't have to "do" anything, except look for the fry.

She may need to be separated from the others if she is getting hassled too much by the males (I hope you have a mix of 1 male to each 3 or 4 females). Otherwise, after a bit or R&R she should be ready to go again.

I agree with the filter check, i use an Eheim 2213 in my guppy and swordtail tank and most filter cleans reveal 2-4 young in the bottom, they seem to live and grow in there though which i thought was amazing. Havent had one die in the filter yet.