Water containers

calculator

Where would the best place in Auckland to buy a plastic container for transporting water be, hoping not to spend to much, but need one relatively urgently?

As we have managed to get a chemical into our water tank, and I am not no longer going to be able to do water changes from it this summer, so need to transport water from somewhere else to my place.

Edited by calculator

One of these type of containers would be ideal so long as you have a trailer to either leave it on or a method getting it off (winch onto a trailer height platform etc).  

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/other/auction-965610591.htm

You should be able to do a few water changes before needing to refill.  Alternatively hitch it to your house spouting to share the rain between your water tank and the container.

Where would the best place in Auckland to buy a plastic container for transporting water be, hoping not to spend to much, but need one relatively urgently?

As we have managed to get a chemical into our water tank, and I am not no longer going to be able to do water changes from it this summer, so need to transport water from somewhere else to my place.

What chemical? How?  

Do you have a trailer or something that could carry large barrels? or a 1000L container?  Otherwise you're going to have to go with 20L ones, that's going to be piles of them.  Somewhere like Plastic box or similar if you can't find someone selling them on Trademe.

What chemical? How?  

Do you have a trailer or something that could carry large barrels? or a 1000L container?  Otherwise you're going to have to go with 20L ones, that's going to be piles of them.  Somewhere like Plastic box or similar if you can't find someone selling them on Trademe.

Our roof was getting cleaned of lichen so that it can get repainted, and we were meant to disconnect all the down pipes, but managed to miss one of them, and now the water in one of the tanks  is contaminated with what ever chemical was used, not sure what it is at the moment.

Apparently one of our tanks should be fine as the water did not run into it, so I will use that and see for now.

Still not going to be fun carrying buckets of water from the bottom of the garden to my tanks to do water changes, but what must be done will get done.