Visit to UK Guppy Breeders

Colour_genes

This August/Sept we took a 7 week holiday to the UK and Europe, mostly for a major family birthday/reunion, but to do a bit of traveling around / touristing as well. I had just joined the UK Fancy Guppy society, www.fancyguppies.co.uk, and asked them if there was any chance of visiting a couple of breeders.

I had a couple of very nice replies from breeders in the Midlands area, and arranged to visit both on the 3rd Aug.

Naturally, I took my camera - so here are a few pics (not necessarily of their best fish, but the best of the photos). (For the photographers,  I didn't have a macro lens with me so these were taken with a 50mm 1.8 prime on a 12mm extension tube, so focusing wasn't the fastest, and obviously light levels were something of an issue as well.)

Brian Tate was the first breeder we met, a long-time fish enthusiast who had only recently taken to the fancy guppy hobby. His relatively smaller fishroom in a partitioned-off area of a shed/garage was really well set up, with natural overhead light, a heat transfer unit to move heat from the high ceiling to floor level, and a number of other clever tricks to make fish-keeping life easier. Brian had some really nice guppies I would have loved to get my hands on, and a small number of other interesting fish as well. We were made very welcome, and thoroughly enjoyed the visit!

DSC_2020 BT Galaxy Saddleback sm.jpg

DSC_1990 BT1 Galaxy.jpg

DSC_2010 BT2 Lower Sword.jpg

DSC_2023 BT4 Roundtail Snakeskin.jpg

Edited by Colour_genes