Got some pictures

PENEJANE

the batteries are now flat in my camera and I can no longer take any more untill I get some. But over the last few days with many flashes going off in the hallway I have managed to get a small number of pictures which you can identify as fish LOL.

The link is as followed

http://photobucket.com/albums/y116/penejane

As I said nothing much but these ones are the ones that I was happy with.

LOL by this time my fish were that dazed from the flashes they did nothing but stay still. Its real bright because I have currently got white paper behind the tank to bring out the fish. If I didn't have that there you would see a brown wooden wall and never see the fish. It also makes it easier for the kids to see the fish with the white backdrop :D

Thanks for your comment about the fish and pictures :D

I knwo you can't see it in the images because the pinkish thing thats over it is a silk wall hanging thing so that is draped over top of the poly but it is there :D

I can't see a very thin silk cloth making any difference being between tank and poly :D

It went down real well, or real quick, takes a lot longer to get it back up.

Not my favourite thing at 10.30pm makes a late night and several loads of washing. Not to mention standing on a couple of swordtails trying to get about 200 guppies and swordtails out before it drained(about 15 mins).

All in all a once(hopefully) in a lifetime experience.

Thanks for that Critter Guy but I thought that the images were a bit to big so I left it with just a link lol. Now everyone can see them.

Snowman I hope that I never have to experience that. I only own the one tank and there is no way that I would be able to save them as I don't have anything else to put them into. :cry:

Luckily i had some large poly bins from my move, was up early buying a new tank the following day, of course forgot to unplug the heater as the broken tank drained so new heater as well.

It's worth having a very large net and poly bins spare (poly bins are the ones the LFS get their fish in, usually free).

As for somewhere else to put them....do you have a bath ? (last resort)

yeah I have a bath :D but I can see someone accidently pulling the plug and bye bye fishies :P

Would the Pet shop have thoes poly things for free or at a very cheap price?? and how would I get the heater and that to keep working?

Then again its not going to happen and only time I need to worry is when I go to move I got a huge nappy bucket I can use for the trip since Invercargill is like 8 kms long I doubt that I would have far to travel :P

How could someone pull the plug when you've nailed the door closed LOL :o

Most fish shops have the poly bins and they will keep the water warm for quite a while, around 24 hrs if you keep the lid on.

In a move it gives you enough time to set the tank up and get it up to temp.

Poly bins should be free or cheap if they want payment as most probably throw them out anyway.

I got 6 off Jansens Porana (North Shore) for free. Saved them throwing them out.