Need a list of easy to grow plants in gravel/pebble tank

You'll find you'll likely lose your twisted val if you're dosing Excel. 2 or 3 capfuls sounds like a lot, is that the dose for your tank size?

Brown algae is usually a symptom of a newer tank. How long has the tank been set up for? I find it hangs around for a good few months after setting up, before slowly disappearing.

You'll find you'll likely lose your twisted val if you're dosing Excel. 2 or 3 capfuls sounds like a lot, is that the dose for your tank size?

Brown algae is usually a symptom of a newer tank. How long has the tank been set up for? I find it hangs around for a good few months after setting up, before slowly disappearing.

It should disappear when established. SAE won't touch the stuff, CAE will but they become big and bolshy. Common BN will also eat it.

The tank has been up for 3 weeks now. 2 to 3 capful is the dose for my tank. The gold and brown algae eater did a excelent job getting rid of the algae. SAE on the other hand i dont know what hes doing he keeps on running his face against the glass.

They dont eat the algae on the plant thou. Getting me otto cat today and see if they will clean the leaves.

Penny wort and babies tear and ambulia are doing well. The rest aint some of the leaves a becoming see through any infos on this.

Maybe get a bristlenose /ancistrus or 2, they will clean all the algae off your plants really well without damaging the plants themselves. They are a lot hardier than the otos, too.

The plants where the leaves are dying off are probably converting from growing emmersed (above water) to immersed (submerged in water) OR they are starting to die from incorrect conditions for that particular plant. Only time will tell you which option is correct, I suspect.

Otos are fairly pricey and need to be in groups. They also prefer stable water conditions which your tank won't yet have. However they do eat brown algae and require a constant source of it as often they don't eat much else.

So lucky today ddnt buy the otto cats when i got there they wer in quarantine 1 of them got sick. So now i will look into getting bristlenose.

For the plants leasson learnt. If they survive then il be wrapd if they dont then im changing to low moderate lighting plants and going full soil.

but im still guna stick to my ferts and doses it might just come to life hahaha.

What do you think on mixing aquatic soil and organic potting soil?

Can u recomend a good light to use for moderate lighting

For my first fully planted tank I used daltons aquatic mix covered by a thick layer of daltons propagating sand. It worked well but don't suck up the gravel and pull up aquatic mix -it equals murky water and an algae bloom.

How deep is your tank?

Il get some tui organic mix and mixed with my daltons aquatic soil and and layer of gravel on top.

28+ inches i think. What kind of light should i use?

What i have now is 6ft light with 2 fluro bulbs dont know how strong they are and the other light are 6500k coolwhite 20w led floodlights which is not very bright at all. Its like a dim lights