Feedback on tank design

Artem

Hey everyone, I'm planning a 60cm half cube planted tank with a 10cm back partition to hide all the equipment.

It will be 60cmLx60cmWx30cmH

10cm of the back will be sectioned off by a piece of glass where I'll put all the hardware. The overflow will be in the middle. On the right I'll put the out/in for a cannister filter - the return pipe would fit through a hole in the glass and enter the aquarium directly. On the left I'd keep the heater and a separate pump to get some extra flow in there.

I wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think about this type of setup? Particularly the back section - is there anything I've missed?

Here is a pic in case my explanation sucks:

view?usp=sharing

I think, if you're wanting to have partitions for the equipment I'd suggest just the corners rather than the entire back. A triangle on once side of about 200mm should be heaps. That way you're not wasting nearly as much potential area.

Also, Google drive, boooooooo.

I think, if you're wanting to have partitions for the equipment I'd suggest just the corners rather than the entire back. A triangle on once side of about 200mm should be heaps. That way you're not wasting nearly as much potential area.

Also, Google drive, boooooooo.

Thats a great idea, I'll have to look into it; more area to plant would be awesome!

I have the red sea max C250 and it has the sump at the back. Make sure the area is large enough for you to get your hand/arm right down to the bottom of the tank while holding the pump.

Thats a good point; I'll make sure to check when I get it done.

Thanks for putting up the pic :)