Shifting House

tabrat

Morning all

I am shifting in about three months and have a 160L tropical tank and fish to move. How is the best way to plan for this. Is there any web-sites or stuff I can get to make this shift as stress free for the fish and me as possible. Any ideas or information directed too will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot

:dunno:

If you are moving over more than one day move the fish first. If not and you can do below it won't be an issue.

Grab a plastic bin ( i.e. 60 litres) from somewhere like the warehouse or a friend, put in as much water as is feasible for you to lift, add the fish, plug in the heater if you can and the tank filter while you break the rest of the tank down. When you get to the other end the fish will be fine in the bin if you can turn the heater back on and pop a filter in. The fish will be fine until you have time to set the tank back up.

The main thing to consider is the filter where bacteria will begin to die off once it is turned off, If you have a canister filter avoid draining it, just turn the taps off. Therefore keeping it running in the water from the tank for as long as possible is the key.

Once the tank is set up monitor it for the first couple of weeks to make sure you don't get any spikes.