Help with Leopard Gecko Eggs with fungus and small insects

Hey forum,

Its common for bad eggs to grow fungus but i seem to be getting a distinctly large amount of them in my Rcom Juragon RX? (which I now know is not the best incubator)

These eggs get very very small insects/parasites crawling on them which I cant find anything about?

There are mixed opinions with fungus whether it is too much water and not enough ventilation or they are bad eggs.

It is my groups first year of laying but they are healthy weights.

I'm putting it down to the bad incubator as it cant reach over 83% humidity but keeps pumping water in. But any advice/input is very much appreciated?

Here's an update photo of my oldest stunning baby gecko, just wish i had more to share :facepalm:

DSC_2691_zps9d505f5b.jpg

I have three incubators and one unused now that was used for turtles but am not familiar with the model you have.. I use click clak containers with no ventilation and vermiculite as a media. Get the vermiculite moist to start with and at the correct temperature then place the eggs half in/half out. Open the lid about once a week to allow fresh air and remoisten if required. Remove any eggs that are obviously no good and don't incubate any eggs that are not formed properly. I have never had any insects or mould going on to good eggs. Still get the odd dead in the shell problem but that is about all. Nice looking baby you have there.

If you use a clean sealed container and clean dry vermiculite you will not have a problem. Soak the vermiculite in a little warm water then squeeze the water out and put it in the container, enough depth so you can have the eggs half in and half out and a good airspace on top. Open once a week to give fresh air.