Best way to dry off

camtang

FX5 return pipe popped out of the suction cup and then I assume the back pressure pushed it out to the ground.

Funnily enough, as I went to bed I was thinking I hope the pipes do not leak tonight as I had moved the filter about 100mm last night to fit a new tank in beside it.

Opps

Heat + dehumidifier is the way to go. Don't open any windows, in fact keep the area as enclosed as possible with the dehumidifier cranking.

+1 otherwise you are just dehumidifying the fresh outside air coming in.

I have same dehumidifier as you and had a spill once where I hooked it up to a hose so it could drain continuously to a drain and I wouldn't have to empty the bucket all the time.

I have all the doors shut, dehumidifier running, fire charging, a small fan heater going and a big fanny circulating the air as well as using the vacuum thing. Problem I am finding with everything being so closed in is the smell is getting pretty ripe so I am having to do a quick fresh air change every hour or so. That and I am feeling uncomfortable sitting in the heat.

I am sure I am averaging a spill every month, always from a different tank and always something different. There is brown patches everywhere in my house now.

No I rent from the old man. I have already told him I will be replacing all of the carpet when I leave. I tried claiming for the damage on my insurance a while ago but they would not cover it, so from then I have not had insurance. I told them when I join I only wanted it because of my tanks and potential damage.