wild exotic populations

chopper

After reading the alpine newts thread I was wondering how many other little colonies of critters that have been smuggled in exist either in captivity or in the wild?There were those two fella's who were busted with scorpions in Queenstown recently. And there was also a thriving little colony of European gudgeon found a few yrs back up in northland. I wonder what else there is out there, ( i mean that has been illegally smuggled in not just released or escaped from captivity and not lone individuals, like the carpet python found a few yrs back). Has anyone else heard of smuggled populations existing of reptiles, amphibians ,invertebrates or even fish found?

There are all sorts of Chinese whispers out there but if people want to be idiots I guess that is up to them. This site does not encourage involvement in illegal activities such as smuggling or release of organisms to cause havoc with our natives. This is a public forum and no doubt is monitored by bio security and other agencies.