February 25, 201412 yr comment_546593 :fshi: Was wondering what or if anyone uses when receiving shipped fish to alleviate the stress and help them recover. Do you use Stress Cot or anything like that?? First time I have had fish shipped to me coming from CHCH..appreciate your ideas Report
February 25, 201412 yr comment_546607 Just give them plenty of time to acclimatise to their new tank water by mixing slowly. Report
February 26, 201412 yr Author comment_546638 :cry1: No unfortunately I don't, really anxious as never had fish shipped to me before. Report
February 26, 201412 yr comment_546655 Just float the bag for ages... I don't use stress coat or anything, that just goes in when I do water changes and I'd rather the fish work with the water than vice versa. Which fish did you buy? generally fighters don't need much time to acclimate if your tank is the right temp and pH. Did you buy from tm? if so link to auction please Report
February 26, 201412 yr comment_546660 Put the fish and the water from the bag into a container then slowly add water from the aquarium, then when aclimated remove with a net into the aquarium. Don't add anything. Report
March 2, 201412 yr Author comment_546813 :f77: Thank you all for your advice, fishies are now in their new tank and zipping all over the place, eating well, so am very happy. Cheers Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.