New here from Blenheim, about to restock my 90L.

Kiwifeathers

Hi all, thought I'd join this forum for some helpful advice and because while I am on another fish forum, being on a kiwi one is probably a better idea!

I have had a 30L (my first tank) a 60L and a 120 L in the past, and for Christmas got a new 90L tank for my bedroom after not having one for over a year. It was the largest I could afford much to my annoyance <xD. Its heavily planted and is currently stocked with a dwarf gourami, 9 cardinals, a red whiptail catfish and 3 platys.

tumblr_n0r77kd2VA1qmffl2o3_r1_1280.jpg

Forgive the cloudy water, had just done a water change and been fiddling with the rocks.

However I've decided I don't really like the stocking apart from the cardinals, and am looking at changing it completely apart from them. Basically here seeking some suggestions (if you have aquascaping suggestions too feel free to share!). I am looking into a pair of Blue Rams, or some other kind of Dwarf Cichlid, but I can't find any for sale. The local pet shop does have Rams though.

Welcome from another Blenheimite. There is a local fish club here you know although we currently don't have regular meetings. We did have a New Year BBQ though at the home of one of our members with a 6ft tropical marine (Sally J is also a member of this forum) 8)

Occasionally we organise club runs to Nelson or Christchurch to buy fish or arrange for friends or family to transport fish back and forth as required.

Welcome from another Blenheimite. There is a local fish club here you know although we currently don't have regular meetings. We did have a New Year BBQ though at the home of one of our members with a 6ft tropical marine (Sally J is also a member of this forum) 8)

Occasionally we organise club runs to Nelson or Christchurch to buy fish or arrange for friends or family to transport fish back and forth as required.

Thanks for the welcome, good to see other Blenheimite's on here! I was wondering if there was a local club. The runs to Nelson and Chch sound like a great idea. Hard to get hold of what you want in Blenheim it seems, and shipping is mental. I'm really interested in a pair of apistos of some kind to have with the cardinals (and maybe something else idk what else would be suitable) but it seems like nobody has them.