what sort of panty hose?

angelfish

I found a good solution the other day.

Go to your local pet shop, and get one of those plastic heater covers. A small one will do.

Take the end piece, (the piece that is enclosed at one end) and slip it over the intake on the power head.

cover.jpg

Still allows plenty of water through but not the fish.

Daniel

foam pad got clogged up too easily, so ive tried the heater gaurd idea. i cut a strip off the gaurd and siliconed it over the gap. seems very good, havnt tried it running yet as the silicone has to set. will try to get some photos tomorrow. thanks for all your help!

I dont think that will work, also a heater guard is no good.

anemoes get into anything . i have lost enought of them to know,

You need to place the pump high up away from the anemoe and hopefully he will settle in a good spot far from the pump.

If your floss was collecting detrious, that means the water was 'dirty'. That dirt now just gets recycled thru the powerhead.

Clean the floss regularly and you'll find the cleaning times will gradually get further and further apart.

Alan 104

thanks guys. dont have to worry about anaenomes yet :D , thank god, fish are hard enough at the moment! as the tank water is still quite dirty from the dead rock cycle i did, ive got floss in the sump collecting floaties. i change it every 2nd day (so theres no excess nitrate buid up).