Selling food at markets in Auckland

Sophia

I'm wondering if anyone is a seller of home made food at any markets in Auckland, and if they can tell me how to do so?

I've read over the council website and find it rather confusing.

This morning I spoke to a seller at Glen Innes and she said she had to pass 1 exam and that was it. I was of the impression that if you make food at home to sell at a market your kitchen has to be a registered and approved purpose-built set up, or you pretty much have to rent a registered and approved commercial kitchen.

What about those people who cook and sell from the stall itself?

thanks

It used to be that all food for sale had to be prepared in a registered food premises. There have been many changes since the good ol days so who knows what is allowed today. I have been out of it for a while and prior to that it was decided where I worked that all health work would be put out to private contractors so your guess is as good as mine. Ring your Local Authority and you will get the answers you need rather than having all the goods in your stall seized under the food act.

I'm wondering if anyone is a seller of home made food at any markets in Auckland, and if they can tell me how to do so?

basically those guy you see operating in a food caravan would have got 2 register licence, 1 is a food n hygiene handling licence, and the other is annual food registering licence..(same as retail)

the guy who operated just on a BBQ gill or open table type dont really have to register for a annual food licence..they meant to be tempoary stall selling..

by right all stall holder should have a person on site who held a food n hygiene licence..

what are you trying to sell? selling at the market?

try poly fest, night market etc..foods is a real bitch slave trade!! my advise" do the buying.. not the selling!! gdluck!