Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help with identification please...

Featured Replies

Just done my weekly water change and clean of the filters in the sump tank, and found a sea-slug of some description lurking in there. Wifey's fallen in love with him, and I think he's cute too, so I'd love to move him up to the main tank - but I've no idea how reef-safe he's going to be.

Anyone know what he is and if he'll be happy upstairs?

Underside

20130917_200152.jpg

Side view

20130917_200505.jpg

Top view, brown & bumpy

20130917_202019.jpg

  • Author

That's my initial assumption. I've no idea how poisonous they can be - or how reef safe generally they are....

But I do love nudibranches, they can be really beautiful.

Weird to think he must've hooked a ride in on my liverock and gone completely undetected these last few months :)

  • Author

Done a little more digging in Google images.... Coming towards the opinion that it's probably a sea hare, and not a nudibranch.

This is good - nudibranches eat coral polyps, sea hares eat algae and cyano bacteria.... But do lay up to 80 million eggs, which could be... fun.

If he's a hare I think I'll put him back in the tank. Don't think it's a nudibranch, as I can't see any external gills...

20130917_212813.jpg

  • Author

:gpo2: Thanks Sage.

I was hoping that as I inherited one of them in my live rock, I might have a secondary one kicking around too, somewhere :) That or his hermaphroditic tendencies may come to the fore :lar:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.