September 10, 201313 yr comment_538692 My mum has a 34l tank in her kitchen with a very large apple snail which she loves to feed 10x a day and 3 very sad platys. The tank is revolting as she always forgets to do waterchanges and I've threatened taking the whole thing off her several times. Just wondering, would an Apple Snail survive in an unheated unfiltered bowl or tank? I think I'm going to take the platys off her (she doesn't like them anyway) and she can just keep the snail since she likes it so much. Just wondering if without the platys it would be okay to turn the heater and filter off. Report
September 10, 201313 yr comment_538727 They will live in 18 degrees but originating from the tropics I would doubt they will survive in much colder water. At 18 degrees their metabolism will slow right down Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.