Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HELP, i think its BBA (black beard algae)

Featured Replies

i research this and after a week of cleaning and scrub they are back.. a bit.

destroys my plants.

0WKTbU2.jpg

sorry gor the blurry image. cleaning tank. doing a 50% water change just to make sure

do we have siamese algae eater or something that can help me get rid of them

That's BBA for sure - the SAEs will only eat any new tufts so will stop it from spreading, however your best bet is to dose with something like Flourish Excel (note: it'll melt twisted val if you have any) which should kill it off (for BBA I dose slightly higher than the recommended amount)

That is deffinitly BBA, as said Excel will kill it, I found myself dosing at about 2x dose when I was killing it out of my tank.

Iirc a few people have lost fish double dosing. I dosed as directed and successfully got rid of it so wouldn't run the risk of loosing fish by over dosing.

In my experience Excel will melt val, but it grows back vigorously once it adapts. If you're running CO2 then increase the bubble count. If not, you might have too much light for the amount of carbon available to plants, so less light will help, as will Excel.

At the time I was doing it was home almost all day and was prepared to do large amounts of water changes if the fish showed any stress, so I saw that as moderating the risk.

In my ~50L planted I used a double first dose, and slightly burnt my fissidens so only used the standard first dose on the 160L and mostly got rid of the BBA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.