Where to find polystyrene boxes

Trilobite

Where do people buy their polystyrene boxes?

Ive tried the post office, medical centres, petshops, seafood places. Boxes are either too big or they dont have any at all.

Im at such a loss :nilly:

Moore Wilsons here had some, good size for 2-3 bags of fish for $10.

Aw Caryl that would have been perfect, Ive got real bad timing like that lol.

What kind of size are you after?

I've bought them from plastic box (or whatever they call themselves now). John at Organism has bigger ones, not sure about small ones.

The ideal size would be around 30-40cm long, 18-20cm tall and 20cm wide.

Youve all installed new hope in me lol.

Ill head to plastic box tomorrow and ask at a few supermarkets. I got given some big boxes from the petshop incase I need to do some diy too. Also I have a few cardboard boxes, would lining them with poly do a good trick or do they need to be in an actual poly box for the couriers to accept it

Are you in a hurry for them? I think I know someone who will be heading down to ChCh at the end of the week.

My sister's partner also drives trucks to ChCh and back on occasion. I could send several down wth him next trip if you want spares.

Went to countdown and they gave me a few fish head boxes, got tere just intime, they were about to get thrown out

Lining cardboard boxes with properly fitted poly does a great job. I used to cut the ends at one height and the sides at a slight different height and slot the base and lid in then tape it.

Im glad it can be done, I might try that next time I need some boxes. It would be a good way to put those massive poly boxes Ive got lying around to good use.

Are you in a hurry for them? I think I know someone who will be heading down to ChCh at the end of the week.

My sister's partner also drives trucks to ChCh and back on occasion. I could send several down wth him next trip if you want spares.

That would be amazing if its not too much of a hassle. Id really appreciate that

I used to go to Barnes Plastics in Penrose and buy the boxes suitable for holding 6 cans and the next size up. Not sure if there is any where in ChCh like that - google wasn't particularly helpful this time :roll:

Edit here you go its an 03 area code so might be chch http://www.longplastics.co.nz/longplastics.pdf or this one http://www.plastic.co.nz/contact-us.html

I found there was a minimum spend but buying in 10's is not that bad.

I used to go to Barnes Plastics in Penrose and buy the boxes suitable for holding 6 cans and the next size up. Not sure if there is any where in ChCh like that - google wasn't particularly helpful this time :roll:

Edit here you go its an 03 area code so might be chch http://www.longplastics.co.nz/longplastics.pdf or this one http://www.plastic.co.nz/contact-us.html

I found there was a minimum spend but buying in 10's is not that bad.

Thanks those places are perfect! :-) and long plastics is relatively close to where I live. I'll definitely be heading there next when I run out. Storage box had tiny poly boxes for $11 each :o . I imagine it would be so much cheaper to buy in bulk from those factory type places.

Long plastics are at 10 March Place Belfast. Go down past the palms and keep trucking towards the Main North Rd, go over the bridge and turn at the first on the left (Belfast Rd), go over the railway line and first on the left is March place. They are down there on the right. Go in the front door and there are polyboxes displayed on your left. I get the smallest and second smallest for lizards. Ask for seconds of the size you want but if they don't have them you have to buy in bulk and I think that was 16 small I bought last time. They are about $6 each I think. They bought the outfit out that used to be down Waterloo Rd and make sheet poly and special shapes as well.