Hello from wgtn

discusnoob

Hi there everyone

Im nathan and i have a 240 litre fresh water tank. I have 4 discus, 2 angels a large pleco a couple loaches and a few neons. Oh and a couple of borneo suckers

Looking forward to interacting with others and getting helpful advice

Im in the process if cycling a new tank. I gravel vac and water change every other day. I am lucky to have a rain water tank at home so my ph levels are soft and it is chemical free. I look forward to running two filters and two heaters in the new tank :) plus adding to my discus school

Hi Nathan and welcome. :wave:

I thought it was generally a no-no to put angels and discus together. Hopefully someone who has kept discus can confirm or deny this. You will certainly have trouble if the angels decide to breed! They will also out-compete the discus for food.

Come to think of it, the angels will eventually eat the neons :-?

Ie had no issues thus ar. In fact the discus often follow around the big gold angel. When they first were in the tank he taught them how to shake up freeze dried worms like a rabid dog with a chew toy. They follow his lead

I wont be purchasing anymore angels. I do worry about their aggression levels however to date they are very placid. Else itll be angel on the menu for the black swan that hangs outside my kitchen window waiting for his daily bread ;)

And yes. I only got a few neon to cycle the tank ages ago. I had 6 now i have 3

Thanks everyone

Look forward to getting help where needed

Biggest things I will be asking is if there is health issues in fish, those scare me the most, and how to medicate properly given the types of fish I have in my tank etc Praying I dont get ICH!

welcome noobie

if you get an ich you can always scratch it :slfg: