Cam's planted thread

camtang

I am worried about the bubbly look, I won't lie about that. But I am also woried about my DIY ability, which is why Iwas looking at a pre-made unit.

All the running gear will be under the tank in the sump region, so the gear in the tank is not an issue.

Other than the lack of DIY skill, I still havn't got my mind around how the Rex Grigg reactor works. Is it just a place where C02 enters water and gets smashed up via water as opposed to the glass disk diffuser that smashs up C02 on entry of the tank?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Drop checker :dunno: Whats a drop checker? :sml1: Don't know, I do not have it in at the moement, still to lazy/useless to get the mix stuff I need. So I should not be concerned that the bubbles coming out of the outlet are only getting 1/3 down then? My water mover pooed it self tonight. So there is much less movement than last night

Question time.

I want the plants in this tank to have the ability to grow out of the water, I asume this means taking the top off and giving the plants what they need light and fert wise. My questions are, if the lid is off avaporation is going to be at a highr level, how will this work with EI doesing? DO I top up between water changes or just go at it every week like stated?

And also, from my poor photos can any one tell me if I have plants that have the ability to grow out the top?

• 2 weeks later...

Any body got any idea on the previous question?

15 Lemon tetras added 2 days ago, they are as responsive as Malawis, so I am kinda stoked with that.

All my dry ferts arrived today, so will be onto EI in the next 2 weeks.

Lotus's have sent some new leaves to the top, and a couple swords have shoot a new leaf.

Judging from this pic you have no plants that can get out of the water

Don't be so mean.

Can you Id some/all of them for me?

No Africans, it used to be my Mixed tank now it is not. Lemons, Discus, Plecos, and maybe apistos and hatchets if I can make them fit the bio will be the end stock