Hygrophila polysperma Rosanervig

camtang

I will do a test tonight, but Idon't think that will be an issue as I do a WC every other day.

All I want to see is a little bit of colour, just so I know that the plants are sunset, not the plain green weed. I have grown one stem with these lights and it got colour so I am sure they are strong enough

I will do a test tonight, but Idon't think that will be an issue as I do a WC every other day.

All I want to see is a little bit of colour, just so I know that the plants are sunset, not the plain green weed. I have grown one stem with these lights and it got colour so I am sure they are strong enough

You sure you've got the right plant? The rosanervig is pretty easy to tell apart from normal polysperma - you can see the "veins" on it and it's a much lighter green.

Rosanervig is a registered name so can only be used by the registered owner. It may be that sunset is another name for the same plant. It is likely that your plants were grown emersed and the varigation is not nery obvious in emersed plants. In my experience they convert to submersed growth easily in good light and the colouration shows in the new growth.

If you only have submersed and rooted plants available you can grow them (and rotala) easily by laying them out on wet potting mix and covering them with a thin layer of wet potting mix or vermiculite. Keep them warm and wet in a glasshouse or similar and soon there will be sprouts everywhere. Cut when mature enough and root in a glass of water.If you have the varigated variety you should see signs of varigation in submersed or emersed growth (even if only a little).