Setting up the 60X30X30

kuhli loach

Hi

I have a 60X30X30 tank which I am hoping to stock with -

A pair of Dwarf Gourami

4 marbled hatchetfish (or golden pencilfish if anyone knows which would work out better)

7 cardinal tetras

5 kuhli loaches

and praps an optional bristlenose cat

I'm wondering if these guys would be compatible in the tank size and also with one another.

Also plants, I am interested in purchasing a CO2 diffuser but I don't know anywhere that stocks them (stuck in a town that has very basic petshop fish knowledge and no transport hope, as of yet ,to anywhere better!) If someone could reccommend an online retailer that would be of great help.

For the diffuser either Valray on Trademe or fish-street.com. The later will take a couple of weeks to arrive.

As far as stocking goes, I'd ditch the hatchets. Cardinals should be okay in that size but I'd get 10-15 and keep an eye on the gouramis. If they don't get along well, there isn't a lot of room to hide.

Actually let me rephrase that. I had a 60X30X30, but unfortunately my mother has taken that off my hands as a new frog enclosure :roll:

I am now on the lookout for a new tank and this time am taking advice to buy the biggest tank my budget can handle!

I'm currently looking at a custom built 120X50X50 with a stand and an external cannister filter on trade me.

By currently I mean I haven't checked out with my dad yet, whether I could have something that size in my room but we live in hope...

Would a couple of kissing gourami be good for a 300L tank?

Would a couple of kissing gourami be good for a 300L tank?

You mean Tryingtoripeachothersfaceoff Gourami? Should be ok in that size. See if you can find the nicer looking grey type ones, sooo much nicer looking.

Dad has approved the tank! Now I just have to track down a lighting system for a 120x50x50 and a new heater.

Currently for aeration I have a 30cm air stone and an Aqua-one infinity AP-250 bubbler pump, but I'll probably have to replace those too, going from a nano tank to a large one. Any recommendations?

For this tank would a shoal of tiger barbs be ok or do they need a bigger still tank? Really interested in getting some if I can and hatchet fish too.

Currently for aeration I have a 30cm air stone and an Aqua-one infinity AP-250 bubbler pump, but I'll probably have to replace those too, going from a nano tank to a large one. Any recommendations?

Throw them in the trash and never buy an airpump again. They're unnecessary and annoyingly loud in the best of circumstances. Just have your filter spraybar disturbing the surface and you'll have much more, and much quieter airation.

The tank I'm getting comes with a blue planet bubbilo TW300 twin outlet air pump. I've read they're real quiet and I hope so, the AP-250 practically vibrated the tank stand and the pet store told me it was one of the quiet ones! Oh well, it's free so I can always dump it if it turns out no good.