Will this stand support this tank?

Jaide

Forget the diagona bracing, the entire weight of the tank is supported by whatever holds the horizontal pieces of decking timber (!!!) to those skinny little legs. A timber stand needs to be designed so the weight is effectively transferred through to the floor, that one certainly isn't. I also don't like using things like chip board (especially unsealed) around water.

Have a look at this thread; http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... Viewing%29

You can skip most of the technical stuff at the top, but look at the image and see how the horizontal supports under the top of the tank sit on top of the legs, transferring the weight directly downwards. That is the main thing this stand lacks IMO, diagonal bracing is something worth considering, but adding it to this stand certainly won't solve all the problems!

Yes I did, I ummed and aahed about the stand - I wanted to see it before buying but it was the only 4 footer for sale and came with everything needed to set it up so just did the buy now as I need it fairly urgently. I'm not picking it up until next weekend as I won't have the transport to do it until then, but I'm going out today to have a look at it anyway.

I did an add to buy a stand in the WTB section - but do you know anyone who could make one for me? I'd need it done by next weekend if possible though.

:fshi:

Yes I did, I ummed and aahed about the stand - I wanted to see it before buying but it was the only 4 footer for sale and came with everything needed to set it up so just did the buy now as I need it fairly urgently. I'm not picking it up until next weekend as I won't have the transport to do it until then, but I'm going out today to have a look at it anyway.

I did an add to buy a stand in the WTB section - but do you know anyone who could make one for me? I'd need it done by next weekend if possible though.

:fshi:

Last stand I had made was along with a tank by Port Nicholson glass. I don't think he makes them himself, though. But it was a nice steel frame with tongue and groove looking paneling Wasn't very expensive. That was years ago though.

I went and had a look at the tank and stand and the stand is braced along the top length and width ways with x-brace for the legs as well, so I think it should be fine. I took pics but can't figure out how to get them from my phone to my PC.