Stocking assistance required!

Amelia

Looking for something to stock in my 240l tank, currently home to 40 neon tetras, 16 harlequin rasbora, 10 kuhli loaches and a nannacara anomala pair. The only one's I'm dead-set on keeping are the kuhlis and N. anomala.

I've considered angels, wild-type sword-tails and rainbowfish. Can't seem to come to a decision. I'd rather not add any more dwarf cichlids at this stage and just let my nannacara's be the king and queen of their domain.

Opinions and suggestions? Here's the tank.

996184_10151541040973505_1556246496_n.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, however...

Since I posted this I have decided to go a completely different route. Decided to try my hand at my first biotope (semi-biotope at least, because I'm not brave enough to delve into region-specific plants just yet). I am torn between 2 choices at the moment.

1. West African River Biotope

1x Pantodon buchholzi -- Pantodon Butterfly Fish

10x Pelvicachromis pulcher -- Kribensis (will thin out population as they age)

10x Phenacogrammus interruptus -- Congo Tetra

6x Synodontis nigriventris -- True Upsidedown Catfish

and then either of...

2x Steatocranus casuarius -- African Blockhead/Lionhead Cichlid (if I can find a pair)

1x Ctenopoma acutirostre -- Leopard Bush Fish/Spotted Climbing Perch

2. South-East Asian River Biotope

10x Puntius tetrazona -- Tiger Barb

6x Botia almorhae -- Yoyo/Pakistani Loach

6x Botia kubotai -- Polka-Dot/Angelicus/Burmese Border Loach

6x Botia striata -- Zebra Loach

Opinions?

I actually meant to out 20x Tiger Barbs, not 10. Whoops.

Yeah I'm probably leaning towards option 2 because then I can keep my kuhli loaches in there (my favourite fish), but option 1 would be more different and interesting. :dunno: I am so indecisive.

I'm not worried about having done the loaches before. I already have 6 Yoyo loaches in my 400l so I guess it kinda makes sense to go with that option.

I AM really excited about the prospect of Upsidedown cats though!!

:facepalm: I suck at decisions.

West Africa is currently winning the voting war.

No 1 will give a better spread of fish throughout the tank but I think the stocking level will be too heavy for that size.

No 2 has a lot of bottom lower level fish (heavy lower level stocking) and 20 tiger barbs won't give a lot of action further up.

A mentioned with the African tank, I won't be keeping 10 Kribensis, and I'm only getting Lionheads OR the Ctenopoma, not both. I don't think 10 Congos, 6 cats, a few pairs of kribs and a pantodon is too much for a 4-foot tank? :dunno:

And re the loaches, I've kept them many times before and I don't tend to regard them as complete bottom-dwellers, since they are hugely active around the whole tank. My yoyos (currently in my 450l tank) occupy the entire tank -- which is why I'm swapping them for something that will STAY on the bottom (Hoplos). :slfg:

I've not kept Tiger Barbs before but I was under the impression they were really active fish? :digH:

:gpo2: Yup! I also have a 450l cichlid tank in the lounge for my sevs, parrot and EBJD. I'd love to do both but that isn't an option right now. However whatever one I don't go with will definitely go in the "one day" box.