LED LIGHTING

calculator

Are you wanting to buy ready made units or try making one yourself with a little bit of DIY skill?

I have never DIY'ed somthing that complicated before, I would be willing to try if you can link me to a well described build thread, but am more looking at getting a ready made unit.

Also forgot to mention that it is for a 1.2m long tank, so the ones they sell at the likes of HFF are to small for the tank.

Ahh ok. You do need to know a bit about circuits and so on for a DIY build so best to buy ready made. Are you wanting to grow plants or just light the tank?

Fish-street.com have some ready made units for a good price. There's also a NZ based site importing and selling the Aqua Illuminations range which look really nice. Do a search in the commercial sales section for them.

also - it looks like Henward has just added some to his big tank, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Go EBAY

EBAY has LED strips at $20 per meter shipped to your door!

i would recommend get everythign on EBAY. NZ just has them too costly.

you get kits too, and they seem pretty simple actually.

If you want them to look 'cool' - then get stealth or something similar.

they do loo amazing.

but really, you can achieve the same thing through ebay stuff.

i used carpet ends joiners and glued the stirps under that.

its so low prifile you cant even see it when you are looking at the tank.

LEDs are so cheap to buy - and the stuff you get are all the same so someone just assembles it for you in a fancy package and sells it for a few thousands % markup

Yeh very efficent.

I am going to borrow two over the weekend and put them over a tank to see if I like them or not. I will take pictures and post for a comparision.

They seem like a much simplier option to making your own strip of led