Moscow Guppies

JamieDarby

You would possibly do better if you went and looked through the livebearers section on the forums to see who has what. :)

There are some very good guppy breeders in the country and from time to time they discuss what guppies they have and post photos.

Hope this helps :)

"Moscow Guppy" isn't really a fixed term - not even his origin is clear. Have a read HERE and HERE:

... the defining characteristic of the modern Moscow: the colored head. That's what makes a Metal Head Snakeskin...well, a Moscow. That's what makes a Blue Moscow a Moscow rather than a solid blue guppy. Was a blue head a later addition to the strain? A spontaneous mutation? I have a feeling we will never know.

What I'm try to say is, that if you ask for a "Moscow Guppy" there is a hugh spectrum of Guppies that fit the definition but might not be the ones you are after...

Cheers,

JaSa

PS:

There are very nice full green metallic guppies on TM every now and then...

Hi JaSa,

I understand where you are coming form. What I have read about Moscows is that the have full body colour. I'm interested to see what different colour Moscow guppies people have and breed in New Zealand. I currently have purple Moscows (full body is purple) but am looking at getting some green Moscows and was interested to see what different colours people have in New Zealand.

Thanks,

Jamie