FNZAS Executive 2013-14 - update 25/5/13 Exec needed

As everyone is aware next Saturday 1 June 2013 is the FNZAS AGM. All positions on the Executive are up for grabs. No nominations for any Executive position have been received, nor have any bios from people wishing to join the group.

Our President has indicated she will stand again and I am prepared to stand as Secretary/Treasurer unless someone else is willing and able to take it on.

Grant Simpson is willing to stand again as Patron.

We have had one letter from one person willing to join the executive.

We need more people than this. If we can not get enough people to form an executive it is likely the Federation itself will fold. To this end I am seeing a lawyer on Tuesday morning to work through the due process that will be required to wind the Federation up. This meeting will not cost the Federation but at this time I will be given an approximate cost of the amount it will take.

We have no option unless people are willing to join up and push on ahead with the excellent initiatives that Jen has proposed.

Those taking on executive positions need to be able to commit for a twelve month period, it is a time where we need to rebuild, reinvent ourselves and may be time consuming. Good IT skills and a committment to checking emails and the office section of the forums is a must.

You can see here http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?page_id=2 the number of people required.

I would love to help out but I am not sure if I have the right qualifications/knowledge. I have nothing but time on my hands while I complete my studying, what I do have is a serious passion for this hobby/lifestyle and will always be interested in helping to keep the federation running and more importantly current.

I would love to help out but I am not sure if I have the right qualifications/knowledge. I have nothing but time on my hands while I complete my studying, what I do have is a serious passion for this hobby/lifestyle and will always be interested in helping to keep the federation running and more importantly current.

I am in the same mind set as you.

A concern I have is about geographical location. Is everything done email/interweb communications?

So as I have no real idea on what this role involves, but I do not want to see this federation go down. Please can you inform me and others what is involved in the executive/ send me to a link previous post regards the duties

These days the only travel is the AGM. If we can move with these proposals, the ones the club should have shared with you and can get funding in to fund the site, provide the clubs with international speakers, fund shows and pay for helpers, that sort of thing then we should be able to assist with executive travel expenses as has been in the past.

All exec meeting during the year - 3 are done via online hookup, there is an area, actually two in the forum which exec can see where a lot of matters are discussed, in between meetings, bill payments approved, that sort of thing.

While I cant speak for Jennifer this below is my response to another query about helping -

' I will imagine the initiative will be on making the fnzas website a self sufficient, fully self funded promotional tool for the federation, bringing in new members and money and allowing us to provide clubs with more things like promotional speakers visiting clubs...

What you will need to be, is easily accessible by computer, be willing to check the forum threads regularly, provide ideas, respond to queries, assist where needed, possibly in getting advertisers on board.'

We have been asking for an editor for the aw for several weeks and for people to help with advertising on top of the exec side of things.

Have a think, email me if you have any questions, someone will respond to you. The only other pre requisite is that you must be a financial member to be able to be on the FNZAS executive.

Thank you to the FNZAS members who have responded to my first post.

Most of the positions have now received nominations however the position of Editor still remains vacant. This is a position that must, under our constitution be filled at the AGM. Our previous editor, Caryl Simpson has just retired after a very long time at the helm. Editor should only involve editing articles received and laying out the articles. We intend to have this happen this year as, if not enough articles are submitted by clubs, executive and outside contributors then there will not be a magazine produced.

We are also looking for a Treasurer. Some financial experience is required, the busy period is June - end of July, late Oct, and early Feb plus the books for the financial year to go to the auditor at the end of March. Books are required to be kept up to date so a small amount of time needs to be given monthly and reports are required to be prepared for the Executive meetings held three times a year and the AGM in June. The heaviest load is mid June - July with capitations coming in from clubs for the year.

Traditionally we also form a fish sub committee and a plant sub committee. Executive can also be on these committees. The idea of these is to have the members of these committees write articles for the website, update things like the plant data base etc. The amount of time spent on these depends on the enthusiasm of those involved but on the forums there are always requests for these sorts of articles. Perhaps some of the forum members would like to consider becoming involved! We know the expertise is out there.

Last, but far from least - we are looking for people with web design experience and advertising experience to help us bring the website on and make it fully self funded. To do this we need advertisers; we have a number of businesses enquiring about advertising but not the people to make it happen. At the moment, if the Federation goes the website goes too as it can not stand alone and we want to remedy that.

Once again, any queries to me please.

Thanks

Adrienne