Greetings from the Netherlands

lorenzo

hello everybody,

i am lorenzo from the Netherlands. i am 32 years old not married just living together with my cat! i work in highway construction.

i had a tank when i was younger and now i am working on a new tank that holds 200 liters. today i just finished the electric part. tomorrow i start working on the decoration.

i have been grazy about fish all my life. i learned fishing from my dad and grandfather. when i fish i fish for carp, that is one of the strongest fish that we have in the Netherlands. i also go every year to france to catch carp because overthere they grow bigger than in the Netherlands. my biggest carp is 24kg/102cm.

in my tank i want to put pearl gourami's and in the anabantoids forum i already have a question over them. so i somebody has expirence with paerls please take a look overthere...

i am sorry that my english is not perfect but i try to do my best! i hope to have a nice time when i visit this site.

see all later somewhere...

Hi Lorenzo.. nice to have you join us :)

i am sorry that my english is not perfect but i try to do my best

Don't worry about the language... we all talk fish here, and that's what is important :)

Hope you can post some pics of your setup when you get a chance, and good luck with the Pearls (Tricogaster Leerii)... beautiful fish.. I have about ten at the moment :)

Bill.

Hi I'm new here too. Your English was perfectly easy to read...and sounds very interesting...setting up a new tank always sounds interesting! I also love the gouramis I have a couple of blue threedot gouramis 2 honey dwarf gouramis, and one kissing gourami (and don't tell my husband, but I am visiting the pet store tomorrow to look at more!)

I am sure you will love it on this site, it is so good to learn information from people that love this lifestyle and who really KNOW what they are talking about. I have never been good at science (the water tests are a bit of a challenge) and also hopeless at electrics or plumbing.....heehee...you should see me trying to work out what people are on about when they are talking about filters and pumps!..... but like anything if it is important enough, I will learn.....and now I have fish in my life I can't imagine ever being without them.

i allready feel at home here thanks to you all :wink: when all my plants are in i will make every 2weeks picturs and when the film is full i will show them to you (dont have a digital cammera :( )

today i went to many shops but i could not find a nice plant to fill up the gape that i have in the back.. this week my favorite shop gets new plants so i hope to find a nice one so i can make pictures of my juvenile tank.

Hallo

En welkom op onze site hier in nieuw zeeland mijn naam hier is scalare

(marcel) en ik ben hier nu bijna 2 jaar en kom uit drente . waar in nederland woon jij want als je meer info. wilt over aquariums ik kan je een paar adressen geven van aquarium verenigingen bij jou in de buurt. of probeer

www.aquarium.pagina.nl

En hoe ben je op deze web site gekomen.

The rest I am gone post in english I askt him where in holland he's frome and that I know lots of aquarium clubs back home. And howe he found this site.

frome scalare

hello scalare,

nice to see someone from holland here. do you like it overthere and why did you go there and not stay in holland?

i live in Hoorn Noord-Holland. in my town we have a club that is called the blackmolly but they dont awnser my emails i have send them 2 times. so if you now a good one close to my town please tell me coz i found a few but dont know if they are good.

i found this site by using google, i was looking for aquariumforums and found this one also and i like it here.

do you know someone in newzeeland or holland that can tell me more about pearlgourami's coz i want to have 3 pairs and would like to have some info about it.

well thats it for now.

greetings from lorenzo (jan)

hello

Have look on the web site www.aquarium.pagina.nl and look op the collum that says labyrint vissen. and you shut find info. about pearl gourami's. I am gone send you a pesonal massage as well with more info on them. For your qeustion how I came here my wife see is a kiwi but here parents are dutch she has a sister in holland and she stayt there for 1.5 years and she moved in whit me fore 2 years this in the plase Emmen and than she got homesick now whe are here.

I work in a petstore and manage the fish department.

scalare