palmerston north tap water quality

disgustipated

It depends where you are. E.g. Ashhurst is on bore, and has a Manganese problem. I also have phosphates in my tap water.

If you are worried, Wet Pets has a filtered tap outside for clean water. A small charge per container. They say Palmy tap water is not safe, but I couldn't tell you why. The council links explain water safety for humans, but I struggled to get info on safety levels for aquariums. Aside from the manganese popping up sometimes, the water seems ok so far.

In the past, many have always said the water there was not suitable for aquariums and many would get their water from a tap at Wet Pets. Something to do with high levels of something in the supply. Can't remember what though and if it is still applicable. :dunno:

When we lived there they did a huge dump of chlorine once a week, you could usually taste it on dosing day. They probably do that in most places but it seemed particularly marked in PN, have never noticed it as much anywhere else.

I would be loose with the Prime if it smells/tastes particularly of chlorine.