My 1400 litre project! PART 2

jasonnz

Yeah - Raymond is someone everyone should know :)

Yes - The key challenge I have is my tank depth being 800. I'm wary that is may create some issues for me. I was getting to a point where I needed to replace my t5 bulbs so it was decided a move to LED's instead .. as my tank is really suffering from a lack of light.

I am trying to track down a par metre so I can provide some feedback.

In the infant stages of the plants, I plan to keep the water level down a hundred mill of so - It will obviously help.

The great thing about the LED setup is that the chips are replaceable, with loads of configurations available. I'm certainly excited to see how they perform.

great going! its going to look really nice and clean when your done with the hood.

IMO when you rescape it, make sure to make it one scape. So if you look onto it, the hardscape merges together and all the plants are where they should be. so in the foreground, midground and background.(just a suggestion)

Hood is 90% complete ..

here is a small teaser :

jkfym4ai.k0l.jpg

Currently undercoated .. with the first 2 coats of paint. I will see how it is tomorrow before deciding on new coats.

hup44ece.max.jpg

Next step is to decide how to mount the lights. At the moment what you can see is just the exterior hood .. which will be a unit on its own .. and freestanding.

Painted boxes look good. I also lined the corners of the tank with black vinyl tape to hid the edges and the silicon.

Just doing another coat of paint ..

here is a pic from earlier today without the corners done and before the final coat of paint.

vx5okl01.2s0.jpg