Anyone in sydney????

dude

hi guys,

Is there anyone in sydney who knows anyone that keeps or breeds African cichlids?, i moved here 4 years ago and im finally setting up a tank (200l cube) and i cant seem to find anything other then electric yellows, blues, some zebra and a whole lot of peacocks, and they are bloody expensive!, $18 for a electric yellow at the moment, not sure why but prices have gone way up in the last year and less species are now available. anyway it feels good to be back on the forum and back into keeping awesome fish. cheers guys

hi guys,

Is there anyone in sydney who knows anyone that keeps or breeds African cichlids?, i moved here 4 years ago and im finally setting up a tank (200l cube) and i cant seem to find anything other then electric yellows, blues, some zebra and a whole lot of peacocks, and they are bloody expensive!, $18 for a electric yellow at the moment, not sure why but prices have gone way up in the last year and less species are now available. anyway it feels good to be back on the forum and back into keeping awesome fish. cheers guys

IIRC they've been in the mid 10s range for as long as I can remember here in NZ. Still not very expensive and the price of the fish is nothing in the cost of keeping it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in sydney mate. There's quite a few options, as mentioned earlier http://www.aceforums.com.au , also try this http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/F ... rium/Fish/ .Or you can try the nsw cichlid society auctions ,i went last night,which is on 1st Saturday every month in moorebank, you can get 6 electric yellows for about $15-20 , 100 bags of everything you can imagine from common stuff to rare fish

Hope that helps