Greetings All

Smuggz

Hi All,

Well I'm originally from Taranaki. Currently living in CHCH.

Between our tanks we have :

Goldfish, Convicts, Albino Auratus, Angelfish, Serpae Tetra,

Clown - Yoyo and Kuhli loach, Guppies , Flowerhorn.

and have an extensive interest of Tank life.

from fish to plants to rare Tank fish in NZ

:bounce:

smuggz - you didn't mention that you have a tank full of fresh water jellyfish.

you should take some photos and post them here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63093

lots of people on here didn't even know they existed.... and would be very interested to hear how you are going with keeping them in a tank.

get on to it bro!

ok cooking dinner. dont know how to post a pic here. But about the jellies. seems you have to watch the tank when filters on.. else you will suck up jellies. so just turn filter on.. if jellies get close turn off... and the like mirco worms... but only have about 6 left due to filter getting them.... im just lucky I turned my back only for a second.. we could have lost the lot !!! but i would like to know how topost pics

thats all for the big welcome..

filter sponge can suck jellies up. even a gravel filter hard pressed hard on the floor can

in a 20ltr Tank you only need a small filter on for 5 mins a day. if they had something to put in a 20ltr that slightly agitated the water current. that would be a bonus . because as the food settles on bottom so do jellies.

and they really like micro worms . probably brine shrimp but I haven't fed mine that so just assuming.

I have also noticed when feeding they either spread themselves out as a parachute to catch food or actually hunt small food particles close by. and the way they do it with tentacles all displayed out.. i am wonder if fw jelly tentacles have the same senses as a snake's tongue .

other than that the jellies move around close to the bottom of tank where the food is. and with a lack of anything to make movement in the water, look kind of boring

well i did use a floating air stone might go back to it..

Theoritical 15.c is a prime temp for these things to breed anything under 5 they live but won't breed

But im having an awesome time watching learning and understanding them

any way Im of to browse this site a bit