Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

375 litre tank

Featured Replies

I have a 375 liter tank that I want to put goldfish in. Whats best for the fish sand or gravel for the bottom.. I've read different things on both.

Also what lighting is best t5 or t8.

i don't think the goldfish will really mind what kind of gravel you use.

so it's about personal preference here.

sand is different to gravel, crap doesn't sink down into it, it just sits on top of the sand so you need to vacuum the surface of the sand regularly so it doesn't look bad.

with gravel, especially larger type, crap can sink down into it so you can't see it, which is good. then when you vacuum the tank you can just stir up the gravel to suck up the crap.

i go to mitre ten and buy a sack of river pebbles. under $10 to do the whole tank...`

  • Author

Ok so no gravel. Can I use the silica sand that hollywood sell instead or is there something else I should use.

Would Really appreciate any input especially from people that keep goldfish. I used to keep marine never had goldfish before. Many Thanks..

You can use gravel, depending on the type of goldfish. If you have one of the fancy ones that eat at the surface, rather than the bottom, you won't have a problem.

  • Author
I have always used gravel in my goldfish tanks and have never had any issues

What size do you use.. Its for the fancy ones. Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.