AQUAONE 620T Cracked :-(

LYNDYLOO

I would think this would be unrepairable.

The tank has cracked about an inch in from the base on the right hand side, crack runs around the corner to about half an inch in to the top of the side of the tank.

dattofish: Problem is I have house insurance but not contents insurance, ended a 27yr marriage and basically left with nothing, so had nothing to insure, untill now being a few months later where I have finally built up enough contents to insure. So claiming insurance is out of the question :cry:

I thought the deal with 620Ts was that it's thin glass, and the corners are even thinner than the rest so they crack under stress.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that :(

Weird dattofish that carpet wasn't covered under house insurance - it's definitely a fixture (unless it's like a mat, rather than real carpet). If a plumbed dishwasher counts as a fixture (unless otherwise specified), then carpet definitely does.

Weird dattofish that carpet wasn't covered under house insurance - it's definitely a fixture (unless it's like a mat, rather than real carpet). If a plumbed dishwasher counts as a fixture (unless otherwise specified), then carpet definitely does.

My understanding is that carpet is a fixture but I can see the insurance company being able to back out of the claim seeing as the carpet was not "fixed".

Dishwashers are a chattel.

Linda the 620T I bought had extra silicone added to the back edges. Perhaps this helps strengthen it?

I will have to move at least 2 4 foot tanks soon perhaps even 3 if one doesn't sell. Not looking forward to it :-?