GBR's have hatched

dino

I have hundreds of tiny fish fry not older then a few hours.

I have microworms at the ready, I have left the fry with the parents, they seem to be ok.

This is a species tank so no predators.

When should I start feeding, I am hoping to start with microworms. when they are free swimming?

Lastly, do I use any medication (Meth blue?) to help with less mortality?

Thanks

when parents are looking after fry at the wriggler stage, do I carry on normal feeding? they seems so busy.

I have lots of white worms, silly question: If I feed them live stuff, less pollution, will that encourage them to eat the fry?

Also do I leave the light on 24/7/

Thanks

The fry's are not the issue. sorry I will rephrase the question, do I feed the parent fish normally, whist they re looking after their fry?

I like to feed them worms and BBS etc shall I continue? or would it encourage them to eat the fry?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I have a new batch of fry, last time the parents ate them when they went from wriggler stage to free swimming.

Currently they are into the second day of wriggler, shall I remove the parents now? or leave them, they might have learned. I prefer not to take any chances.

The parents are gathering them and leaving them in their mouths and spitting them out in the nest, with out this will the fry die.

I have a glass bottom species tank, no predators.

Thanks

Hi Dan, forum members,

I have removed the parents to another tank, where they are happy and already showing signs of breeding.

Trying to raise the fry artificially, they have just passed the wriggler stage to almost free swimming

here is an image:

fry.jpg

the fish are minute (3mm?), and clinging onto the glass and then swimming, so nearly there, around a 100.

At what stage do I try micro worms? do I feed them egg yolks at this stage. I really do not want them to starve but I do not want to pollute the water either.

Thanks

• 1 month later...