Tang and Pleco project (Pic heavy)

camtang

I got the tank set up from Kiwiplymoth about 8 months ago, stocked with his amazing selection of fish. My original plan was always to change it to a Tang tank, but then my plan evolved to a Tang and Pleco tank.

Up until the last couple of weeks I havnt felt that I could share this tank as my own, but now I have put my own thoughts, look and fish selection into it I feel its time to share.

Tank is currently more set up for the Plecs over the Fronts as they seem to be able to addapt a bit easyer from what I have read.But once the Calvus, Comps and Leleupi have grown out the tank will have less wood and more rock work.As well as changing the substract to a black sand.

Also not all of the plecs will be living in here for ever once I sort out my Aro tank and planted tank (Aro Vs Planted thread) some will be removed and others maybe added.

I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I have enjoyed taking them.

IMG_0629_zps404b05e0.jpg

IMG_0628_zpsb020a6ae.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsb417716e.jpg

IMG_0622_zps5327e3d4.jpg

IMG_0623_zps6a07fd55.jpg

IMG_0620_zps02316c08.jpg

IMG_0582_zpse8f172a6.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsb36956c9.jpg

IMG_0578_zps49246947.jpg

IMG_0577_zps42f88c49.jpg

IMG_0563_zps04c44b1c.jpg

IMG_0555_zps20ad6131.jpg

IMG_0553_zps9ab6921d.jpg

IMG_0546_zps46de0b56.jpg

IMG_0538_zpsddd36cdf.jpg

IMG_0246-1_zps373a5067.jpg

IMG_0241-1_zps5827d16c.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0466_zps3e341f44.jpg

Cool tank man, what are the plecs that came with it? KP had some amazing plecs and plants.

He sure did.I always used to love going over there to look at his set ups. was worth the 30 min drive along.

It came with the big L014 2 gold nuggets, the big common ( i cant tell the diffrence in the common plecos,if someone could help me that would be great.) and the choc talker.

Nice tank/fish. Your plecos are looking great.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
i want me an L114 like yours

So get one. haha

nice camtang how are the leleupi/calvus going in there, have you lost any?

No issues yet that I have noticed, I am down 1 leleupi or tropheus, I could not ID the remains

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tank is currently more set up for the Plecs over the Fronts as they seem to be able to addapt a bit easyer from what I have read.But once the Calvus, Comps and Leleupi have grown out the tank will have less wood and more rock work.As well as changing the substract to a black sand.

Love that big L14!!

Yeh its a stunner, since I have moved things about I see it and the other plecos a heck of a lot more. It is great!

maybe one day itll be a planted tank xD

Funy you say that, my flatmate and I were talking about that last night.Maybe a planted tank is in the pipeline....

Looks awesome dude!

Are you adding any rocks or keeping it with just the wood?

I do realy like the wood only open look (David R has inspired this) but I will be adding a few rock soon, I just need to find the ones that I want and put them in to match the tank I guess. I have some ferns and Anubius to add so I mite attach them to the rocks.

I am a little disapointed in the colour of the substrate, I wanted jet black. But considering it was free I can't complain. And it has done its job, it has brought some colour out in the fronts and doesn't trap the poop. So mission accomplished

• 1 month later...