Goldfish overcrowding

nzfishkeeper

Are threads like this allowed on the forums? I would love to be able to post images (perhaps with the username blurred out) and quotes from their auctions for a bit of a laugh. After informing them of the correct way to do things of course.

Are threads like this allowed on the forums? I would love to be able to post images (perhaps with the username blurred out) and quotes from their auctions for a bit of a laugh. After informing them of the correct way to do things of course.

I don't see why not?

Maybe we could make this thread into one about funny and strange(sometimes stupid) things on trademe?

The Rules":3i5mj4c5]Online Auctions or Classified Advertisements:

You are not permitted to offer any items for sale on the FNZAS Fishroom forums that are also listed on TradeMe or any other online auction or classified advertisement site.

You may not post any links or references to TradeMe, other online auction, or classified advertisement site to discuss an item for auction/sale, this applies to expired listings and linked pictures unless you are genuinely interested in buying a particular aquatic related item and want to learn more about its use and if it will suit your purpose.

Any attempt to use this site in an attempt to bypass the TradeMe, other Online Auction or Classified advertisement systems is a breach of our rules.

I'm not sure why showing pics of fish kept in poor conditions, or inappropriate tank size/stocking levels etc is considered "a bit of a laugh'.

The aim of this site is to inform people of the correct way to keep their fish in the best possible way. Such posts achieve nothing. I am sure you may inform them of the correct way to keep fish where their original ad is posted but to then post it here does not help them.

ummmm, by doing threads like this before we have found good homes for abused fishies., I concede the point about removing the TM username, but think if we are all aware of this then hopefully some one with a few spare $$$ can save the poor little guys.

very useful thread imo and we should keep doing them

• 2 weeks later...