Hi there guys n gals

Retzy88

Hello to you all. This is my first post on this... actually first on any fish forums. I figured Id join a site like this to communicate ideas to and fro. Im very very new to fish keeping only having been in the hobby for a little over 18 months now. for about 15 months I was only looking after 1 100ltr tropical tank. the bug really bit me hard over christmas and Im now running a 240Ltr, 2 x 100ltr, 1 x 80ltr, a 45 ltr marine tank (new start) and birthday present for my fiance which is a 19ltr Fluval Chi tank. So im kinda really committed now whether i realised it or not . Really enjoying the learning of the ins and outs rights and wrongs of fish keeping but still aware there is SOOO much for me to learn. Hoping that I can contribute to the forums in some small way but being so new Im sure ill be here for help and advice for myself. Please be patient with me :-)

Im currently undertaking a little project where i have my 2 x 100ltr and my 80 ltr tanks set up for breeding guppies. I currently have about 8 heavy pregnant females (perhaps within a week) and about another 3 or 4 in early stages of pregnancy. There are a mix of Flamingo's, snakesskins, albino's, moscows, panda's etc... not to sure what Ill get out but fingers crossed there are some nice coloured ones.

Oh crap, forgot to mention my name. My name id Duane. Im from Wellington.

I look forward to chatting more and getting some critical useful advice.

Thanks for allowing me to chat amongst you all.

Many thanks

Thanks to you all for welcoming me in. Hopefully I don't become "that annoying guy who asks too much" lol. I promise to do my own research and ask for clarity and ideas when needed. If there is anyone in the local Wellington area who would like to assist/help or even just join me on the learning bandwagon with breeding my guppies, please feel free to make yourself known to me.

So, is there anyone else here who has done or currently doing this?

Breeding guppies is not difficult and many have done it before :wink:

There are also 3 fish clubs in Wgtn with a wealth of knowledge.

Caserole would be a good one to start with as he was line breeding guppies for a few years and had some beautiful specimens.

• 1 month later...

Hi and welcome!

Committed...no you are addicted :rolfl:

Asking questions is how we learn. I search the net but will still come here and ask questions because they have helped me so much since I started keeping fish.

Take care and have fun,

Caper :P