Weipro Aquarium Products - in particular PH Monitor

henward

any feedbac on weipro stuff?

I am considering a Hanna Ph Monitor and a Weipro Ph Monitor.

both are intended for continuous use - look similar in spec and price.

but i dont need a pro hydroponic unit, i mean, really if it does the job... ill be happy.

so any feedback on weipro?

any feedbac on weipro stuff?

I am considering a Hanna Ph Monitor and a Weipro Ph Monitor.

both are intended for continuous use - look similar in spec and price.

but i dont need a pro hydroponic unit, i mean, really if it does the job... ill be happy.

so any feedback on weipro?

JUST BUY ONE ALREADY! I don't care which one, just buy something! What's this the 6th thread over the last couple weeks? :slfg:

JUST BUY ONE ALREADY! I don't care which one, just buy something! What's this the 6th thread over the last couple weeks? :slfg:

well, i figure no one is responding to the other one as it is a different topic.

so i started a new one to get answers faster.

although i understand your desire for me to buy one already :lar:

I havent had anyone tell me what they think of weipro!

:dunno:

I havent had anyone tell me what they think of weipro!

basically cheap budget grade equipment.

i have a temp controller and every time you get a power cut it resets, no great.

just saw that it can power a calcium reactor.

all it does is turn on the co2 via a solenoid valve when the ph gets to a certain level,

yeah, my temp controller is engineering grade - so doesnt reset with power cuts, is quite a good unit.

but ph monitor, is not as critical i suppose, i dont even knw if i will bother using the controller - i just want that option i suppose.

i bought it, the reviews online are moderate to good - whcih is enough for my needs. the probe is tipped to last 2 approx years which i believe is a generic type probe anyways and suggested to calibrate every 3 months, thats fine.

as for csalcium reactor, dot think i will spend the money.

i will prob just make my diy one to bring calcium up and hook up a submersible pump into the controller and do one that way with some plastic container or an airpump and coke bottle in the sump!

yeah, my temp controller is engineering grade - so doesnt reset with power cuts, is quite a good unit.

but ph monitor, is not as critical i suppose, i dont even knw if i will bother using the controller - i just want that option i suppose.

i bought it, the reviews online are moderate to good - whcih is enough for my needs. the probe is tipped to last 2 approx years which i believe is a generic type probe anyways and suggested to calibrate every 3 months, thats fine.

as for csalcium reactor, dot think i will spend the money.

i will prob just make my diy one to bring calcium up and hook up a submersible pump into the controller and do one that way with some plastic container or an airpump and coke bottle in the sump!

Yeah, could just make up a barrel of kalk or baking soda solution. Calcium reactors aren't meant for raising PH, they're meant to increase calcium. :)

Yeah, could just make up a barrel of kalk or baking soda solution. Calcium reactors aren't meant for raising PH, they're meant to increase calcium. :)

Yes i undersatnd for reef set ups

but wouldnt raising the calcium content for fw, in a small scale also raise PH?

i wont do it yet, i will monitor ph first.

i just dont like it crashing, stable condition is the key.

so still considering small oyster/marble/aragonite content in my media to buffer and stabilise the ph... see hwo it goes i suppose but yeah, exploring options!

Yes i undersatnd for reef set ups

but wouldnt raising the calcium content for fw, in a small scale also raise PH?

Yes, if you are desperately in need of a way to solve the problem of your tank setup being too cheap and simple then a calcium reactor would do the job. :)

But otherwise you're just adding extra complexity with the CO2 canisters and reaction chambers with it.

I have been selling the PH2000 and the PH2010 for some time now and had no reports of issues. The PH2000 is a monitor only and the PH2010 has the ability to switch off you CO2 if you pH starts to drop too much. Another option is the pH and Salinity monitor which is priced less than the PH2010.

pHampSalinity06_zps8bbbb8b9.jpg

I've got the Weipro temp controller and heater that I have had for about 7 years and haven't had any issues with it. Just had to replace the heater a few months ago due to me forgetting it was turned on and pulling it out of the water and the heater smashed. They use titanium heater now. I have also used the PH monitor in the past but can't remember how good it was though.