Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Help please, best way to humanely kill a fish, urgent

Featured Replies

When I was a super noob I ickied a tiny guppy with a pin and still missed the spot :slfg:

I used to do the glad bag method until i popped a siamese fighter all over my face.

:rolfl: :sick:

Same goes for any fish really, I know it can work and can be quick, but also has a good chance of not working first time and ending up being pretty gruesome and painful. I wonder what the SPCA would say about that method of euthanasia, perhaps someone could suggest it for their excess kittens?

unfortunately their current method is to get one of the new volunteers to inject them , they normally do a big run at a time.

a baseball bat would probably be quicker, cheaper and just as humane, but the volunteers are normally already reduced to a mess after it...

The guy who takes care of the Live Environments tanks in Wgtn drowns them. When I found that out I took some off his hands - he was going to kill them as they weren't pretty enough for display tanks - I still have them today :f77:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.