Hey All

peaceNchaos

*bows*

Hi, newbie to this site - been keeping tropicals since I was about 13 or so, but took a couple years off recently. However, November last year the bug took hold again and couldnt help myself over xmas :digH:

Did well enough budget wise, was quite restrained at about the $170 dollar mark total - and I now have a 35gal (community to be) tank almost finished cycling with a bunch of plants coming along nicely (and a common pleco inhabitant unfortunately - ill deal with him when he gets to big for the tank, only 2.5" atm so no worries yet besides the fact hes in with the cycle but has been doing awesomely), plus another odd dimension (1200L 400H 260W - real thin) tank with a bunch of flourite in it, empty and as yet unplanted cos I havent whacked together a stand for it, along with a box of HOB filters, spare air pumps, tubing, valves, food, backgrounds, a couple canister filters with broken impelors, tons of fake plants and chemicals and bits and peices - I basically bought a few awesome package deals cheap as to see what I could throw together at the end of it.

This is the tank ive got up and running thus far:

http://s1356.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=5

Never really used online fish forums before when setting tanks up, but having spent the last three or four weeks trawling through the threads here I noticed a HUGE difference in how this tank looks and is progressing compared to any of my old tanks. Found answers for every problem - from the decision to use sand and flourite as substrate for the first time, a way around spare parts for an old canister filter (rigged a pump up to the canisters intake hose inside the tank), lists of not-incredibly-high lights plants i could use, moving the tank cos the stand wasnt level (had no idea that was a big deal), water clarity, all sorts o things.

So yea, thanks all I guess! Been a big help from a distance :hail:

Peace!

CLASSIC!

What a laugh

Peach nachos it is.

Thanks all, good to be here and all that

I just yesterday organised to buy a 100gal tank which im gonna (slowly) set up as a marine tank, with a small mushroom coral reef and some clownfish (nearer to the end of the year) - might have to see if I cant find frags of a peach coloured mushroom to get the tank started :P

• 2 months later...