March 27, 201313 yr Author comment_523543 Just a update on my jag pair just after i posted the last video of free swimming fry someone decided to eat them during the night i believed it to be the male. Since then the pair has spawned again was just last sat night actually and i had planned on removing the fry as soon as they became free swimming. The female had moved the wriggles from the spawning rock into a small gab under another rock and was keeping the male at bay. Came home today and cant see any wrigglers the female does still seem to be protecting rock so either there now completely under the rock outer view or there gone will just have to wait and see :ske: Report
August 16, 201313 yr Author comment_536797 Another update jag pair are now happily spawning ever 4-5 weeks. I'm removing male just before free swimming stage and female is raising fry quite happily. Report
August 18, 201313 yr comment_536989 Nice, lots of good looking fish there. What are you going to do with all of them? Report
August 19, 201313 yr Author comment_537082 I've posted locally but no one seems to be in the market for jags. This is the second complete spawning that I've feed out to my other fish and at this rate my pair will keep me stocked with feeders Which is a good thing as i have many other mouths to feed :spop: Report
August 19, 201313 yr comment_537093 Haha, if you are willing to post to auckland I would take some (one or two) other then that it sucks that you can't sell/give them away so that they have good lives to live. Report
August 26, 201313 yr Author comment_537689 I could prob organize a few shipped up north have to be off this latest spawn tho so not ready for a couple of months. Report
August 26, 201313 yr comment_537690 Haha, to late, they had them at holywood fish farm, I have one now... :bggrn: (And by now I mean I am picking it up on friday) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.