Everything posted by NzlJB
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
I could prob organize a few shipped up north have to be off this latest spawn tho so not ready for a couple of months.
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
I've posted locally but no one seems to be in the market for jags. This is the second complete spawning that I've feed out to my other fish and at this rate my pair will keep me stocked with feeders Which is a good thing as i have many other mouths to feed :spop:
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Another update jag pair are now happily spawning ever 4-5 weeks. I'm removing male just before free swimming stage and female is raising fry quite happily.
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Just a update on my jag pair just after i posted the last video of free swimming fry someone decided to eat them during the night i believed it to be the male. Since then the pair has spawned again was just last sat night actually and i had planned on removing the fry as soon as they became free swimming. The female had moved the wriggles from the spawning rock into a small gab under another rock and was keeping the male at bay. Came home today and cant see any wrigglers the female does still seem to be protecting rock so either there now completely under the rock outer view or there gone will just have to wait and see :ske:
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4G6BBPE ... e=youtu.be
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Well well well guess what popped out from behind the rocks tonight lots of fry gonna try and take a vid
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
They do pick them up and move them around but as far as i know they don't hold in there mouth
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Still no sign of them i would expect them to be free swimming sometime today of early tomorrow fingers crossed
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Well there either really well hidden or there gone !!
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
One step closer :happy1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui0I-iHrbHI&feature=player_detailpage
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Another days past still have eggs that's a plus.
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
I'd would rather do as Ive done with all my other pairs I leave them too it and eventually they get the hang of it normally only takes a couple of tries. I always find it more enjoyable watching them doing all the work Besides there's already fry in my grow out tank and they would just have breakfast lol
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Yip have had many spawns disappear overnight and this being there first spawn I'm really not expecting them to make it past wriggling stage I'm just happy they didn't kill each other trying lol. Had to separate them for about a week while she healed up after he try to get her to spawn about a month ago.
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Returned home from work toady and mums still attentive nice work mum
-
Jag Pair First Spawn
Hi everyone !! Thought I'd introduce myself by sharing my latest spawn , My young jags have just spawned for the fist time i wasn't there to catch the action just the end. The male has now retreated and female is happy fanning eggs looks like a good haul for such a young pair too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkbMXBMJ ... e=youtu.be I hope you can see the eggs through the shaky video and horrible glare.