eheim gravel vac pro

henward

I love the idea myself and will definitely be getting one when I have the spare cash. In my current marine I do waterchanges right out of the sump, and I used to do them on my FW tank straight out of the filter. This means the bottom isn't ever being vac'd which isn't ideal. This means I could gravel vac every day and not worry about collecting hundreds of litres of salt water.

bare bottom i find that a corner accumulates some debris, poo.

even wtih jets you gotta hvae HEAPS of jets or heaps of movement at the bottom to move this.

i didnt have this issue when i had 40plus clown loaches lol

they would bring everythign up

but now, i do.

and i foresee that eventually i will.

i dont wanna siphon out cos i will have an auto changer, so... i just wanna get debris out, should take 15 secs

manual water changes and reducing water level for no reason is annoying. Also, having to have a long house out the door etc.

exploring options.

could be quite good for spot cleaning of build up i suppose

ever seen a hand vacume???? its a bit of pipe, you put your hand over one end and push it down into the bottom of the tank, release the hand and it sucks out everything, put your hand back on and whip it out, only pulling up a little bit of water, you could probably design a cone or something to trap the debris in as well if you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a lot of DIY to me, p otentially making something that doesnt work and wasting time, messy and annoying:D

so i just got one.

works like a charm! just like the video.

has a gravel attachment, my tank is barebottom so took that off, and works extremely well!

i will vouch for the amazeballs of this product:d