Juwel Tanks

terry17

Hi everyone

I am looking at getting a new tank about 300L.

Has anyone used a Juwel Rio 300 of Vision 260 before? Any feedbacks?

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Product ... 0000007300

http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Product ... 0000006800

I will be keeping Discus, and maybe some other small fish. I will have 2mm size gravel, anubias and java ferns on driftwood in the tank.

Also, has anyone used a low iron glass tank before? Where can you get it?

Thanks for you help :-)

I haven't got either of those 2 tanks, but I do have a Juwel Rio 400, Juwel Trigon 350 and a Juwel Trigon 190. They're good tanks, the built in filters work well enough. If you're buying new, they should all have the T5HO lighting now, but some of the older ones have T8 lighting. I'd avoid those ones.

I haven't got either of those 2 tanks, but I do have a Juwel Rio 400, Juwel Trigon 350 and a Juwel Trigon 190. They're good tanks, the built in filters work well enough. If you're buying new, they should all have the T5HO lighting now, but some of the older ones have T8 lighting. I'd avoid those ones.

Thanks Phantom. Do you find the filter easy enough to clean and how often do you have to clean it?

I am thinking of taking the filter out and use a external filter instead.

I have a Rio 300.. Nice quality and my Discus seems happy in this tank.

Used the internal filter for a while which is an ok filter but in the end decided I would like to have the space in the corner instead of a filter so I cut it out and now have external canisters instead.

Lights are kinda dumb though.. you can only ever have two T5's on at the same time. Can't turn one off or take one out..

I have a Rio 300.. Nice quality and my Discus seems happy in this tank.

Used the internal filter for a while which is an ok filter but in the end decided I would like to have the space in the corner instead of a filter so I cut it out and now have external canisters instead.

Lights are kinda dumb though.. you can only ever have two T5's on at the same time. Can't turn one off or take one out..

What filter do you run at the moment? I am thinking one Eheim 2217.

I think there are 4 lights, u mean they go on and off in pairs?

If you are going to buy it brand new I would recommend the Aqua One Nautilus 2700 it is bigger than the Eheim 2217 but I can't even hear mine running and has great flow. My Eheim 2217 is the only noise I hear from my tank. The Aqua One is the same price as the Eheim right now at Hollywoods and has better flow. If you pay an extra $50 you can get the one with a built in UV for $400. If you don't want the UV they are both $350.

If you are going to buy it brand new I would recommend the Aqua One Nautilus 2700 it is bigger than the Eheim 2217 but I can't even hear mine running and has great flow. My Eheim 2217 is the only noise I hear from my tank. The Aqua One is the same price as the Eheim right now at Hollywoods and has better flow. If you pay an extra $50 you can get the one with a built in UV for $400. If you don't want the UV they are both $350.

What is the operational flow rate written on your Nautilus box? is it 2700L/hr max flow and around 1500L/hr operational flow?

What filter do you run at the moment? I am thinking one Eheim 2217.

I think there are 4 lights, u mean they go on and off in pairs?

I run 2x eheim 2228.. yes a bit overkill I know but I like it! For canisters I would choose Eheim over any other brand always! Flow isn't everything.

Yeah mine came with one light bar (2xT5) and I have a non planted setup at the moment and would like to only run one tube but with the juwel fixture there is no easy way of doing this. Would have loved if they could have just put two switches on it.

Thanks Phantom. Do you find the filter easy enough to clean and how often do you have to clean it?

I am thinking of taking the filter out and use a external filter instead.

I don't really clean mine. I have 1 sponge that I'll clean randomly whenever I remember when doing water changes, but other than that, I run all bio media + purigen. In the 4 years or so of having the trigon 190, I've probably given the filter 2 cleans.

I don't really clean mine. I have 1 sponge that I'll clean randomly whenever I remember when doing water changes, but other than that, I run all bio media + purigen. In the 4 years or so of having the trigon 190, I've probably given the filter 2 cleans.

Thanks, I will prob go for the rio 240, 240l is much easier to maintain than 350.....

Just had a look in the shop yesterday, there is only one switch for all tubes, but the tubes can be removed quite easily. I might just take one out

I run 2x eheim 2228.. yes a bit overkill I know but I like it! For canisters I would choose Eheim over any other brand always! Flow isn't everything.

Yeah mine came with one light bar (2xT5) and I have a non planted setup at the moment and would like to only run one tube but with the juwel fixture there is no easy way of doing this. Would have loved if they could have just put two switches on it.

Just had a look in the shop yesterday, there is only one switch for all tubes, but the tubes can be removed quite easily. I might just take one out

That what I mean.. you can't!... it will shut them all down.. they must be connected in serial or whatever.. you should test this in shop so you know what you are getting.

That what I mean.. you can't!... it will shut them all down.. they must be connected in serial or whatever.. you should test this in shop so you know what you are getting.

Oh dear.......I will try it in the shop then. I am just worry about I might have algea problems if I have the 2x54w on 8 hrs a day......

Don't count on it, I spent nearly as much time maintaining my 600L tank as I did my 1400L tank, the only difference was the 1400L took a little longer to fill back up.

Do u use tap or use some water storage then pump it into the tank? I use bucket at the moment so it takes me 10 buckets per water change......I can see it will be quite a mission for a 350l tank.....how long does it take u to do water change for ur 600l?