Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Growing Media

Featured Replies

Hi Guys

I'm just about to start a new aquarium which is going to be heavily planted

Just want to see people recommend as a growing media or use

I have seen the Seachem Flourite, Seachem Onyx, JBL Aquabasis, and JBL Manado

Has anybody had any experience with these products as I'm not sure which one to get or the most cost effective media?

Cheers Guys

I've used JBL Manado on top of Flourite before with great success in terms of plant growth, Glosso finds it a little bit hard to spread through the Manado though as it's very light and easily moved. Ideally I'd use Flourite on it's own or something like Aquabasis under a decent layer of sand.

I am just using sand and JBL root balls, they seem to work just as good as any of the bags of media you can buy and you will have less algae problems then a lot of people who do use substrate ferts.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.