INCREASING MAGNESIUM.

RUNAS

Hello peoples,

Hey Ive been adding Seachem Magnesium to my tank to increase it and almost 2kg later its hardly moved :dunno:

Its only 300 lt and started around 700ppm and currently sitting on 1000ppm, to increase it to 1400 according to the formula on the bottle I need to add another 1.25 kgs !!! IS this right ?

I cant belive it, its costing me a fortune cause this stuff aint cheap.

Any advise ?

OH yeah I have increased my calcium too which is sitting around 400. I increased it alternating them calcium then 48 hrs later magnesium,calcium shot up easy peezy,magnesium not somuch

RUNAS

Hello peoples,

Hey Ive been adding Seachem Magnesium to my tank to increase it and almost 2kg later its hardly moved :dunno:

Its only 300 lt and started around 700ppm and currently sitting on 1000ppm, to increase it to 1400 according to the formula on the bottle I need to add another 1.25 kgs !!! IS this right ?

I cant belive it, its costing me a fortune cause this stuff aint cheap.

Any advise ?

OH yeah I have increased my calcium too which is sitting around 400. I increased it alternating them calcium then 48 hrs later magnesium,calcium shot up easy peezy,magnesium not somuch

RUNAS

Sounds about right.

According to the instructions "Each 5 g/80 L will raise magnesium by about 5 mg/L. " So that's 19g/300 liters will raise the magnesium by 5ppm. I'm getting that you'll need 1.52 kg, not 1.25.

Magnesium sulfate is a common alternative. AKA epsom salts. It's relatively cheap.

Thanks Ira, Math not my strong point :slfg: You should change your name to IRD, thats how they work, you work your tax and they tell you it more !!! :facepalm: :sml1:

Im kidding.

I will get some Epsom salts on Sunday, it has to be cheaper than $57 for 1.2kg.

Using Epsom Salts are the mixing quantities the same/similar to Seachem?

Thanks again.

RUNAS