Best plants in Auckland

Shirlsscott

Hi All

Any of you guys know who has the best selection of plants available in Auckland, I know HFF have a small selection but is there any retailers or any of you guys growing plants to sell with a good selection...... everywhere I go it seems the plants are the same old same old..... Im looking to set up a 360lt planted tank but am starting to wonder if to bother as everyone has the same basic plants available...... really want a good selection like tropica has..... any help....

Thanks

My favorite chestnut is all the Bog plants Animates sells.

All in all HFF is pretty good , but they are doing a roaring trade in Alternhera Rubra, I got caught out by the spiel ' high lights and CO2 will help"

They might as well be selling Lettuces as under water novelties

No amount of CO2 and highlighting will keep this plant alive immersed for very long.

I hope the aquarium trade stops this snake oil. I threw a pile of money down the drain on this and purple waffle and so many more blatant rip offs.

gotta remember that many plants are being put into unlit goldfish bowls in the belief that they are adding oxygen into the water... Have had customer buying 5-10 bunches every 2 weeks and would not listen no matter what you said, finally convinced her to buy a light, now she's buying 1 every 2 months :P

All in all HFF is pretty good , but they are doing a roaring trade in Alternhera Rubra, I got caught out by the spiel ' high lights and CO2 will help"

They might as well be selling Lettuces as under water novelties

No amount of CO2 and highlighting will keep this plant alive immersed for very long.

We have had this plant growing well for ages, sure it grows slow, but we dont have it under high light and CO2. Excellent plant to grow algae on too :-P

We have had this plant growing well for ages, sure it grows slow, but we dont have it under high light and CO2. Excellent plant to grow algae on too :-P

Then you are doing better than the team of Dutch Scientists that tried to adapt it to Immersed growth and failed.

:thup: