Brutus Sep 2012 update - still bout 50cms ish

henward

interesting new tankmates, going for that "JDM" look?!

:P

Haha

was giving me grief about prawns.

so decided, i will feed it what it wants. the goldies cost 85c per piece shipped!

so i feed the goldies pellets and goodies, gutload!:D

ill re train back to meaty foods later when i intro it to aro comm:D then im sure it will eat due to dcompetition.

i want it big, dont wanna slow down its growth by partially forcing to eat what i want it to eat :D

lets call it an aro/goldfish comm :o

Thanks! i love the guy, colour is coming out nicely, comparing him with others overseas to see how my development is going.

it is really genetics and good water that counts most i think.

unlike cichlids, i dont think the food plays a HUGE part in their colour.

my parrot becomes super red when eating red enhacing food, i dont think aro gets like that.

i think its more genetics. its development happens regardless of my feeding. of course i try to feed it good food with reddening stuff in it, but not that much anymore. just protein.

Yeah, it picks off the goldfish as it sees fit.

average 1 a day now, when younger it would eat much more haha

it would pig out on prawns AND goldfish in one day untill its so fat it can hardly swim.

now its much more disciplined with eating!

probably instinctively knows the effort vs ratio of intake! :rotf:

If i buy into a house, i am definitely gonna comm it with a few black aros and a couple of silvers in the big tank.

id be happy to get this guy to 60 cms. 10 to 9 cms to go!

would be nice if the deep orange rims spread to the centre of scales. should in time. its only 2.5 years old, apparently, 6 to 8 is the 'bloom' colour period and the colour just gets more intense and coverage becomes greater as it ages to 20s.

I'm still lost on Instagram, is it just something that makes good photos look old and crappy?

People who take useless photos on phones use it to make them look "retro" and square, it's stupid but it's what the people want :nilly:

Looking good though!

Exactly what it is, its like facebook but only for photos.

you have editing features, basic stuff, but it makes amateur photos look better lol

i mean this photo is just a photo, but the filters etc makes it look nicer i suppose.

for my work i need to explore all social medias, so went onto pinterest either, that was quite boring.

weird though, Instagram was purchased by fracebook for 1Billion dollars! so.... i guess it is not that bad right? lol