Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Axolotls

Featured Replies

Hi it's been a while lol I just got a couple of axolotls this weekend (yes they are in separate tanks). I got one of them from Bullswool Farm Park in Paeroa... we drove all the way there just so I could get a white one LOL Crazy I know.... anyway, it's white with brown mottling on it's head and back that looks like it has cinnamon sprinkled on it. We named it Diego. The other one I got from a friend that has had it for 5-6 years. It's a golden one. It's name is Bubbles lol I just noticed this morning after feeding it, that it is missing some toes. It also has what looks like white fungus on it's tail. And it has had a red growth on it's head for a long time. Now it's getting one on the other side. She informed me when we picked it up yesterday. Can anyone shed some light on these issues for me? Oh it also has a little thing off the end of it's tail, not sure if it's it's tail and it's been bent somehow or if it's a growth. It just looks like part of it's tail. ???

Diego is fantastic. Nothing wrong whatsoever and he/she is very active compared with Bubbles.

It also has what looks like white fungus on it's tail. And it has had a red growth on it's head for a long time. Now it's getting one on the other side.

hi, could you try to make a picture and post it ? do you have fish together with the axos in the tank ? 'the' salt therapy is probably something you should consider http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beginner-newt-salamander-axolotl-help-topics/f48-axolotls-ambystoma-mexicanum/f58-sick-axolotl/72698-salt-bath-picture-tutorial.html

  • Author

I will try tomorrow. No there are no fish or anything else in the tank. But I just got it yesterday and it was by itself in the tank at my friends house too. She's had him for 5-6 years.

I was wondering if I could use salt .... it's what I use for my fish. Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.